Aikyashree Scholarship is initiated by the West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation (WBMDFC) which is a scholarship program and started to help the financially poor and deserving students of West Bengal. This program is solely handled by the West Bengal government and also by the subsidiary of West Bengal so that the student who needs financial assistance can continue their studies without any worries.
The Aikyashree Scholarship is a portal for the Students of West Bengal who fall under minority categories like Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains to provide scholarship from class 1st of the Ph.D. level so that they can have more education benefits and also socio-economic benefits.
So in this article, we will provide all the important pieces of information about the Scholarship so if you want to gain all the information about the scholarship then read the whole article and you will find all the needed information about the scholarship.
Aikyashree Scholarship Highlights
Aikyashree Scholarship is one of the most commendable scholarships started by the West Bengal Government where a student from a minority category need to fill Aikyashree Scholarship Online Application if he is from an economically weaker section and he can get a scholarship to continue his studies with the help of financial support from the West Bengal government.
This Scholarship will fund the complete education of a deserving student from West Bengal which includes the complete education fees like school and college fees and it includes the hostel fees of the minority student.
Aikyashree Additional Details
|Name||Aikyashree ((ঐক্যশ্রী স্কলারশিপ))|
|Launched By||West Bengal Minorities Development & |
Finance Corporation (WBMDFC)
|Benefciaries||Students belonging to Minority Community |
(Buddhist, Sikh, Jain, Muslim, Parsi & Christian)
|Name of Ministry||Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education |
Department Govt. Of West Bengal
|Elegibilty||1st Class to Ph.D.|
|Contact Info||1800-120-2130 (Toll-Free)|
6290875550 (Technical Helpdesk)
|Email ID||[email protected]|
Benefits of Aikyashree Scholarship
You can find many different scholarship programs that are initiated and run by the West Bengal government under the department of West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation (WBMDFC) but they have started a completely new portal which is Aikyashree which is completely focused on minority communities people like Sikh, Christian, Muslim, Jain, Buddhist, Parsee so that they can also grow and not feel like hopeless because of their financial conditions.
Below we have mentioned some more benefits of this scholarship besides the one that we have mentioned above.
- They provide training to students for the competitive exams so that they can crack some of the toughest exams.
- They also focus on empowering women from the minority categories.
- Poor and meritorious students can take loans with the help of the portal very easily and quickly.
- They also provide various scholarships to poor and dedicated students.
- They organize training programs to upgrade the skills of the students.
- Last but not least the portal helps in improving the literacy ratio of West Bengal.
Available Scholarship Under Aikyashree Programme
Aikyashree Programme includes various different scholarships that you can avail and we have mentioned all of them below and also have described them properly so you can check the complete detailed information about the scholarships under Aikyashree 2021 and if you want to check them by yourself you can follow the link and you will be redirect to the portal’s home page where you can also check the details.
- WB Pre Matric Scholarship
- WB Post Matric Scholarship
- Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal
- Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM)
- Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal
– West Bengal Pre- matric Scholarship
- Those Students who are studying from class 1st to 10th can easily apply for this scholarship program.
- Scholarship amounts can also range from 1,100 to 11,000 per annum.
- The candidate can also get an additional 1000/- per year.
- The family income of the candidate must not exceed 2 Lakh per annum.
– West Bengal Post Matric Scholarship
- Those students who are pursuing their studies from higher secondary, Graduation, ITI, Post Graduation, B.E.d & M.Phil from any recognized university of West Bengal can easily apply for the Aokyashree Scholarship Programme.
- Again the annual income of the family of the candidate can not be more than 2 Laks per annum.
- And students who have applied for the scholarship can get an amount upto 16,500 Per Annum.
– Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal
- This scholarship is only available for female students.
- And the scholarship is only offered to those students who have completed their class 12th from any west Bengal board.
- Those students who will get chosen for the scholarship will get an amount of 3000 Rs. Per Month.
- Also, the chosen student will get an additional 2000 Rs.
– Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM)
- This is a merit-cum-means based scholarship.
- Students from Class 11 to PhD level candidates can apply for this scholarship programme.
- Financial support of up to Rs. 8000 per month is given to minority students depending on the level of education or program.
- The distribution of this scholarship fund is mainly based on the student’s academic advantage and financial need.
Hindi Scholarship Scheme
- Those students who are studying Hindi will get support with the help of this scholarship.
- Students studying in higher secondary, undergraduate, postgraduate, and research level courses (M.Phil., Ph.D. or M.Lit. etc.) can apply for this scholarship.
- The selected students can get an amount up to Rupees 3600 to 12000 Per Annum.
Aikyashree Scholarships Elegibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for the different scholarships at Aikyashree are different which we have mentioned below, check them out and make sure you are eligible for the scholarship before applying for the Scholarship Programme.
West Bengal Pre-matric Scholarship
- The student who is applying for the pre-matric scholarship must be in the class 9th or 10th.
- The annual income of the family of candidates must not above 2 Lakhs.
- The student must belong from West Bengal and has the domicile of West Bengal.
- The applicant who is applying for the scholarship must belong to SC or ST category.
West Bengal Post-matric Scholarship
- Those who want to apply for this particular scholarship must be in the class 11th, 12th, or either graduation or in post-graduation.
- The student must belong from West Bengal and must have a Domicile of West Bengal.
- The family income must not exceed 1 Lakh if you are OBC, 2 Lakhs if you are SC, and 3 Lakhs if you belong to the ST category.
- The student must belong to SC, ST, or OBC category if he wants to apply for this particular Scholarship.
Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal
- Only the female candidate can apply for this scholarship.
- The candidate must be aspiring to pursue her education in the fields of Medicine, Engineering, or Basic Science at a known institution in West Bengal.
- The candidate must have the domicile of the West Bengal State.
- The student must have cleared class 12th from any board in West Bengal.
Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM)
- The student who wants to apply for this scholarship must be studying in Class 11 or 12 or must be pursuing graduation in Engineering, Medical and Technical/Professional courses if they are not studying the general Undergraduate or Postgraduate level degree courses.
- The student must have the West Bengal Domicile.
- Those students who are at higher secondary or pursuing their diploma must have secured a minimum of 75% marks in their class 10th.
- Those students can also apply who are pursuing their M.Phil. and Doctoral courses from West Bengal State-aided institutions.
- Those candidates who are studying at their undergraduate level must have secured 75% of marks at their class 12th.
- The scholarships will be sanctioned to deserving students on merit-cum-means criteria.
- And the family income of those students who want to apply must not exceed 2.5 Lakhs per annum.
Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal
- The candidate must belong to West Bengal state and has Domicile.
- The candidate must have passed any one of the following courses – Madhyamik, higher secondary, graduation, PG, or any equivalent degree course
- The student must have secured at least 60% marks in the earlier qualifying exam, in the first trial, with Hindi as one of the subjects
- The candidate must belong from a non-hindi speaking state.
Aikyashree – Scholarship Rewards
Only those students who have scored more than 50% in their previous examination and the amount will be provided to eligible students from the state government funds. And you can find all the details regarding incentives for both categories below.
Scholarship Incentives for Hostellers
|Types of Scholarship||Class of Study||Admission fee & tuition fee waiver||MaintenanceAllowance waiver||Total benefit|
|Pre-Matric||6 to 10||Rs. 4400||Rs. 6600||Rs. 11,000|
|Post-Matric||11 and 12||Rs. 7700||Rs. 4200||Rs. 11,900|
|11 and 12 (technical and vocational courses of this level)||Rs. 11,000||Rs. 4200||Rs. 15,200|
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate||Rs. 3300||Rs. 6300||Rs. 9600|
|M.Phil.||Rs. 3300||Rs. 13,200||Rs. 16,500|
|Merit-cum-Means||Medical Engineering, Management, Law, Chartered Accountant, etc. courses||Rs. 22,000||Rs. 11,000||Rs. 33,000|
Scholarship Incentives for Day Scholars
|Types of Scholarship||Class of Study||Admission fee & tuition fee waiver||MaintenanceAllowance waiver||Total Benefits|
|Pre-Matric||1 to 5||–||Rs. 1100||Rs. 1100|
|6 to 10||Rs. 4400||Rs. 1100||Rs. 5500|
|Post-Matric||11 and 12||Rs. 7700||Rs. 2500||Rs. 10200|
|11 and 12 (technical and vocational courses of this level)||Rs. 11,000||Rs. 2500||Rs. 13500|
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate||Rs. 3300||Rs. 3300||Rs. 6600|
|M.Phil.||Rs. 3300||Rs. 6000||Rs. 9300|
|Merit-cum-Means||Medical Engineering, Management, Law, Chartered Accountant, etc. courses||Rs. 22,000||Rs. 5500||Rs. 27500|
How to Apply for the Aikyashree Scholarship Procedure
Below we have mentioned the step by step procedure to apply for the West Bengal Aikyashree Scholarship.
– Student Registration
1. Visit the official website of WBMDFC portal or directly click on Aikyashree Scholarship portal
2. Click on the New Registration
3. Select the District of your Institute
4. Enter the details like your Name, District, Guardians Name, DOB, Mobile Number, Email ID and Bank Account Number in the registration form
5. Now click on Submit and Proceed.
Step 2 – Scheme Eligibility
1. Enter the details in the scheme eligibility column on the webpage like the current institution, its location, class or course name, the last exam passed, name of the board, year of passing the last exam, percentage marks obtained, annual family income and email ID.
2. Check the details carefully and click on the Submit & Proceed tab
Step 3 – Registration Completion
1. After you complete the above step, a temporary User ID will be generated.
2. Check your email or inbox as the password will be sent there
Step 4 – Student’s Login
1. Login with Your User ID and Password on Student Log-In window
2. Enter the below-mentioned details:
- Basic Information
- Academic Information
- Bank Account Information
3. For extra safety, change your password (it is mandatory) and click on Submit
Step 5 – Final Submission
1. Enter the details under Basic Information option
2. Click Submit and Proceed
3. Then enter the details under Academic Information option
4. Click Submit and Proceed
5. Fill Up Bank Account Information and verify
6. Finally, verify all the details by clicking the Pre-View tab
7. Click on Final Submit tab
Step 6 – Verification and Print Out
1. Carefully verify the details that you have entered in the previous step
2. After you are sure of the information that you have entered in the designated slots, take a printout copy of the application form
3. Submit the application form at the concerned institute along with a photocopy of your bank passbook containing bank account number and IFSC Code
Aikyashree – Documents Required During Application Process
Students who wish to enrol themselves and apply for Aikyashree scholarship must have the access to the necessary certificates and documents before moving ahead to the application process.
- Self-certified community certificate
- Income certificate
- Fee receipt of the current course year
- Self-attested certificate of previous year’s mark sheet
- Residential/Domicile certificate
- Bank account details
- Passport size photo of the applicant
Application Process for Renewal of Aikyashree Scholarship
In case a student wants to renew his/her WBMDFC scholarship, he/she needs to follow the below steps:
1. Visit the official website for All Scholarship (Pre-Matric, Post Matric, MCM, TSP, SVMCM scholarship)
2. Click on the Renewal Application option, which will take you to a new window
3. Select your district and click OK on the dialogue box appearing on the screen
4. Log in by entering the application ID, date of birth, district and captcha code
5. Click Login
6. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the sent OPT and submit.
7. There will be two options – Renew Application and Withdraw Application. Click on Renew Application
8. Enter the asked details in the registration form like name, date of birth, email ID, parent’s name, gender, religion, etc.
9. Click on Submit and Next
10. Enter previous and current academic details
11. Click on Submit and Next
12. Check and verify your bank details like IFSC, bank and branch name, bank account number and name in the bank account as per passbook
13. Tick the confirmation box ‘I confirm that the bank account details are ok to the best of my knowledge & belief’
14. Click on Submit and Next
15. Upload the necessary documents with the form (your institute verification certificate)
16. Submit the application form by clicking Submit and Next tab
17. Finally, review the details before finally submitting the form
18. Click on Submit and Lock Renewal Application tab
19. A popup will be displayed asking if the details are correct. If they are, click on OK
20. Click on Print Renewal Application to get your application’s printout.
Aikyashree Scholarship 2020 – Last Date of Application Renewal
Students who received the West Bengal Minority Scholarship last year can apply for Aikyashree scholarship renewal application. The online renewal application for Aikyashree Scholarship 2020 started from 1st August 2020.
The last date to apply for the Aikyashree Scholarship Renewal Application is 15th November 2020. The date may get extended as per the current situation.
How to Retrieve Aikyashree Application ID or Password?
In case any student forgets his or her last year’s Aikyashree Scholarship Application ID and Password, they can retrieve it easily from the official website using their Registered Mobile Number, Date of Birth and Bank account number.
Students will find below the detailed steps to retrieve Aikyashree application ID or password:
1. Visit the official website of Aikyashree Scholarship
2. Click on the Student’s Login option.
3. Now click on the Forgot User ID / Password link on the login page.
4. Select the Scholarship Registration Year, Institution District, Registered Mobile No., Date of Birth, Bank Account Number / Application ID.
5. You will receive an SMS from WBMDFC, which will contain your Application ID and Password.
Aikyashree – How to Track Application Status?
- Visit the official website of WBMDFC
- Click on Track Application tab in the menu bar
- Next, select your district, application ID and date of birth
- Enter the captcha code that appears on the screen
- Finally, click on the Submit tab
Aikyashree – FAQs
Q. Who can apply for Aikyashree Scholarship?
Only students belonging to minority communities such as Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Sikh, Jain, and Parsee can apply for this scholarship. The students studying from Class 1 to the PhD level can apply for this scholarship.
Q. What is the major condition for applying for Aikyashree scholarships?
Only those students who are permanent residents of West Bengal can apply for this scholarship.
Q. What are the names of WBMDFC Aikyashree Scholarship Schemes?
There are 5 scholarship schemes under Aikyashree:
- Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, West Bengal
- West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC
- Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal
- Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal
- West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students
Q. What is the percentage criteria for Aikyashree Scholarship?
Candidates must have passed with a minimum of 50% marks in their last annual exam; 75% marks in Secondary examination; 53% marks for honours in any postgraduate course; 55% marks in any professional course.
Q. What are the benefits received through Aikyashree Scholarship?
Aikyashree Scholarship amount depends on your course –
- From Class 1 to Class 10, the annual scholarship amount ranges from Rs. 1,100 to Rs. 11,000.
- For Class 11 and Class 12, the annual scholarship amount ranges from Rs. 10,200 to Rs. 16,500.
- From Class 11 to PhD or any Technical and Professional course, the annual scholarship amount ranges from Rs. 22,000 to Rs. 30,000.
Q. What is the helpline number to get the queries resolved for Aikyashree scholarship 2020-21?
Students can contact the authorities through WBMDFC Helpline for Aikyashree Scholarship. Following are the contact details –
- WhatsApp number – 8017071714
- Helpline number (landline) – 033-4047468
- Email address – [email protected]
- Toll-free number – 1800-120-2130
- Technical Helpdesk – 6290875550
Q. What is the last date to apply for Aikyashree scholarship 2020-21?
The last date to apply for Aikyashree scholarship 2020-21 is 15th November 2020.
Q. Can students from other states apply for this scholarship programme?
No. No students from other States are eligible for this scholarship, the only exception being the ‘Hindi Scholarship Scheme’, for which the students belonging to other states who are current residents of West Bengal can apply.