Ceir (central equipment identity register) | Can we track lost mobile phone from ceir? | How to block a lost/stolen phone?
If your phone is lost or stolen then Ceir portal will help you to block a lost or stolen phone with the help of your mobile IMEI. Today, in this article we are going to share all information related to ceir.gov.in Portal so, you can easily come in action to block your mobile. CEIR is one of the best portal initiated by the central government. We are going to provide all necessary links to registered and take the help of the portal so, keep reading this article till the end.
Table Of Contents
|Name Of The Scheme||CEIR|
|Launched by||Telecommunication Department Of India|
|Beneficiaries||All over India|
|Objective||Block Stolen/Lost Mobile|
Un-Block Found Mobile
The full form of CEIR is central equipment identity register. The telecommunication department of India initiated a portal ceir.gov.in to block the stolen or lost mobile handset. IMEI number of any mobile handset play an important role to block the mobile handset through this portal.
IMEI number is International Mobile Equipment Identity number and this 15 digit number can be found on the silver sticker on the back of your mobile phones or smartphones. If you will block your mobile phone with the help of a central equipment investigation register portal than the lost or stolen mobile will not get any network coverage of any company.
This portal is really very helpful to block your phone easily. You can easily use this portal and take the benefit of it.
Also See: AIMS Portal
Documents Required For Request To Block Stolen/Lost Mobile
You can easily block your mobile if you have following documents-
- Government-Approved Photo ID proof government-approved photo ID proof like Aadhar card/ driving license/ voter card/ pan card.
- FIR Copy
- Mobile Invoice.
Know Your Mobile (KYM)
CEIR portal also offers a Know Your Mobile (KYM) service and with the help of this service, you can easily check the information about the mobile before buying. You can easily get the service of KYM with the help of IMEI number that is written on the packaging box / mobile bill.
If you want to know your IMEI number then you can dial *#06#. If you will check the on KYM and the status of the mobile is blacklisted, duplicate, or show already in use then don’t buy the mobile phone. Know Your Mobile (KYM) can be used by following these three method-
With The Help Of SMS
If you want to know this service through SMS than type KYM < 5 digit IMEI number> and send with a mobile number on 14422. After that, you can see the information about your handset on your mobile screen.
Also See: Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana In Hindi
With The Help Of Official Website
If you want the know the service of KYM through the official website then follow the steps given below-
- First, go to the official website of the ceir.gov.in.
- On the homepage of the website, you will see the “here” option under web portal option.
- Now a new page will be open and here you will have to enter your mobile number.
- After that, you will receive An OTP, so copy the OTP and verify your mobile number.
- After that, You will have to enter 15 digits IMEI number.
- Now, you can easily see the status of your mobile number on the screen.
Also See: PM Kisan List
Through KYM App
You can also take the help of KYM App to know your mobile. In KYM App you will have to enter the IMEI number to check the status.
How To Block The Mobile Set With The Help Of ceir.gov.in?
If your mobile is stolen and lost then you can easily block it, with the help of Ceir portal by following the steps given below-
- First, you will have to lodge an FIR against the stolen mobile.
- When the FIR will have been lodged you will have to take a duplicate SIM card of the same number.
- Then visit the official website of the ceir.gov.in.
- Then click on the “Block Stolen/Lost Mobile” option.
- Now, an Application form will appear on your screen.
- You will have to fill the application form and also have to upload a copy of the police complaint.
- Then click on the submit button.
- After that, you will get the Request Id so, keep the ID for future.