Income Certificate is an official document issued by the state government to certify the annual income details of the applicant/applicant’s family. The key information in this certificate includes details of the annual income of the family/individual from various sources as per available state government records for a specific financial year.
Details to be Mentioned in Income Certificate Application Form PDF
As shown in the above sample, the key fields included in the income certificate form are as follows:
- Name of applicant
- Name of Parent/Guardian of the primary applicant
- Address of applicant with the town, district, state, etc.
- Annual income for the applicable financial year
- Date of issue of Income Certificate
- Signature and Seal of issuing State Government authority
Income Certificate – How to Apply
Income Certificate is issued by individual State Governments/Union Territories and each has its unique set of documentation requirements. Any individual who is a resident of India and belongs to an economically weaker section of society and is not required to pay income tax can apply for an income certificate with the applicable State Government/Union Territory
List of Documents required for obtaining Income Certificate
The complete list of documents required for obtaining the certificate may vary slightly from one state to another. That said, few key documents are the same irrespective of the state in which the income certificate application is made. The following is a shortlist of key documents required for obtaining the certificate:
- ID proof such as Aadhaar Card
- Address proof such as Voter ID card
- Passport size colour photograph
- Old Income Certificate (if applicable/available)
- Ration card (BPL) or National Food Security Card
- Signed self-declaration from applicant/head of a family
Income Certificate uses
The details provided in this state government-issued certificate are legally binding and may be used as income proof by the applicant (family/individual) when registering/applying for various Government-sponsored schemes and subsidies. Some common uses of the certificate are:
- To get admission in reserved category (economically backward classes) in educational institutions.
- To avail scholarships and economic assistance provided to economically backward students.
- To access various government-sponsored social welfare schemes.
- To obtain key benefits such as an old-age pension from the government.
- To get access to subsidized/free medical care or medical benefits.
- To apply for government jobs available to specific reserved categories.