This is the big good news for the people who are living in the villages. There is a big Yojana issued by the government of India and it is here, The Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana has been released by the Ministry of Rural Development. This scheme is also known as Prime Minister’s Housing Scheme Rural. The government started this scheme for all those people who come under the BPL category such as Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Bonded Employees, Minorities, Non-SC / ST category.
The government of India has started an online portal, through which those people can visit the name portal and see it. Under this application, houses will be provided by the government to the people whose names will be included in the list. Apart from this, those whose names did not appear in the list can apply also through an online portal with simple steps. You can search your name in Indira Gandhi Yojana List 2021-22, for this first you can simply open the online portal through the website – https://pmayg.nic.in. on any browser.
The motive of this scheme houses will be provided to the people who come below the poverty line because in many backward areas of the village people do not have houses to live in, they spend their whole life in slums. Under the IAY scheme, the government provided Rs 1.20 lakh for building a house in plain areas of rural areas and Rs 30 for building a house in mountainous areas.
Also Check – IAY 2020 Full List
Here is some key history related to this scheme, Till the year 2020, 1,57,70,485 registrations have been done under the scheme, in which the central government has approved applications for 1,42,77,807 houses for the people. In this, the work of 1,00,28,984 houses has been completely completed. Under this scheme, an amount of Rs 144745.5 crore has been provided to the citizens.
Beneficiaries of IAY:
- disabled citizens of the country
- country women
- all scheduled castes
- ST Category
- free bonded labor citizen
- country widow
- citizens of rural areas
Required Documents for IAY:
- Voter ID Card
- Pan Card
- Driving License
- Income Certificate
- BPL Category Certificate
- Registered Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photo
- Attested Photocopy of Job Card
Also See – Maha Awas Yojana
Steps to apply Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana-
- To apply for Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana, first of all visit the official website of PMAY Rural.Here the home page will open in front of you.On the home page, click on the option of Awassoft
- Now you have to click on Data Entry from the given options.
- You have to login according to these three options.
- You have to change your username and password to login.
- And new username, password and captcha code have to be filled. Now the application form will open in front of you.
- You will have to fill the details asked in the form like: Personal Details, Bank Account Details, Convergence Details, Details for Concerned Office etc. After filling all the information, upload the documents asked in the form.
- Now you click on the submit button.After which your IAY registration process will be completed.