Madhu Babu Pension Yojana scheme was initiated in the year 2008. Madhu Babu Pension Yojana scheme is launched by the Department of Social Security and the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities. This scheme has been blended into one uniform scheme of Madhu Babu i.e. the Disability Pension Rules, 1985, and the Revised Old Age Pension Rules, 1989 have been blended into one uniform scheme of Madhu Babu.
This scheme is beneficial for approximately 50 lakh applicants. Under this scheme state government will provide a pension to the beneficiaries. all the Physically disabled, old age citizens, and transgenders of the state can apply for this scheme.
On 4th July 2020, The government made this decision to include the community as the beneficiary of the scheme, by approving the proposal for rendering pensions to transgenders. The government has allotted approximately 5000 people of this community will get a monthly payment of Rs. 500 and Rs. 900.
The pension amount will be age-dependent and will be given every month after the citizens make an application on the portal. To apply for the scheme applicants, have to fill out the online application form from the Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (SSEPD) Department Website.
Eligibility Criteria for Madhu Babu Pension Scheme:
- Age Criteria of applicant’s is 60 years and above and No age bar for the widow applicants, Leprosy patient with deformity, Physically Disabled (PwD), AIDS patient (as identified by the State/ District AIDS Control Society).
- The annual income of applicants family is must be less than Rs. 24000/-.
- The applicant must be permanent resident of Odisha can apply.
- The Applicant must not be a beneficiary under the pension schemes of union Government or the state government or any organization aided by either Government.
Also Check – Odisha Labour List
Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Types:
- Old age pension
- Disability pension
- Unmarred woman
- Divorcee woman
- Widow pension
- Case of Leprosy patient
- Widow pension AIDS/ HIV
- Disability person AIDS/ HIV
Pension Amount under Madhu Babu Pension, Beneficiaries within the age limit of 60 to 79 years get Rs.500/- Monthly Pension Amount. and Beneficiaries above the age limit of 80 years get Rs. 700/- Monthly Pension Amount.
Documents to apply for the scheme :
- Aadhaar card
- Age proof
- Caste certificate (in case of SC/ ST/ OBC/ BC/ Minority applicant)
- Death certificate of husband (in case of widow pension)
- Disability certificate (in case of PWD applicant)
- Family income proof
- Resident proof.
Process to apply online for Madhu Babu Pension Yojana:
- First go to the official website of the Department of Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
- Now in the home page, Just click on “Apply for scheme” option and A new page will appear on the screen where you have to select “Madhu Babu Pension Yojana” under the choose scheme.
- Now click on Proceed and the application form will appear or click here to open the form directly.
- Then Select scheme and enter a name, father/ husband name, date of birth, gender, mobile number, Aadhar number, district, subdivision, address, and social category.
- Now, upload Aadhar card scan copy, thumb impression or signature and recent passport size image.
- Then read the declaration and tick the checkbox.
- After that Click the “submit” option