The YSR Pension Kanuka scheme is a social security scheme launched by the Government of Andhra Pradesh to provide financial assistance to eligible individuals and families in the state. The scheme offers a monthly pension to eligible beneficiaries under various categories, including old age pension, widow pension, weaver pension, and pension for persons with disabilities.
To be eligible for the YSR Pension Kanuka scheme, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a resident of Andhra Pradesh
- Must belong to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) category
- Must be an Indian citizen
- Must fall under one of the eligible pension categories (old age, widow, weaver, disability)
The age criteria for the YSR Pension Kanuka scheme vary depending on the pension category:
- Old Age Pension: 60 years for men and women
- Widow Pension: 45 years for women
- Weaver Pension: 50 years for men and women
- Pension for Persons with Disabilities: 18 years and above
To apply for the YSR Pension Kanuka scheme, the following documents are required:
- Proof of residence (Aadhaar card, ration card, voter ID)
- Age proof (Aadhaar card, birth certificate)
- Income certificate (from Village Panchayat or Municipal Corporation)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
The application for the YSR Pension Kanuka scheme can be submitted online or offline.
- Online Application: Visit the official website of the YSR Pension Kanuka scheme (https://sspensions.ap.gov.in/) and click on the “Apply Online” button. Fill in the required details and upload the scanned copies of the documents.
- Offline Application: Obtain the YSR Pension Kanuka application form from the Village Panchayat or Municipal Corporation office. Fill in the details and attach the required documents. Submit the completed application form to the concerned office.
Once the application is submitted, it will undergo verification by the authorities. The verification process includes checking the authenticity of the documents and ensuring that the applicant meets all the eligibility criteria.
Sanction of Pension
If the application is approved, the applicant will be informed about the sanction of the pension. The pension amount will be credited directly to the beneficiary’s bank account.
- The pension amount varies depending on the pension category.
- The pension is paid monthly.
- Beneficiaries are required to undergo a verification process every five years.
- In case of any change in the applicant’s circumstances, they are required to inform the authorities immediately.
The YSR Pension Kanuka scheme is a valuable initiative by the Government of Andhra Pradesh to provide financial assistance to eligible individuals and families in the state. The scheme has helped alleviate the financial burden on many families and has improved their quality of life.