If you want to apply for an online marriage certificate then RGMWB is the website for the people of West Bengal who can simply visit the website and register for the marriage certificates and in this article, we have shared each and everything properly so do read the complete article to understand the things better.
A marriage Certificate is issued to the newly married couple by the state government and the concerned department for that is the Law Department Register General Of Marriages of West Bengal and for that, they also manage a website named rgmwb.gov.in to make the procedure easy.
RGMWB Marriage Certificate Overview
|Article||West Bengal Marriage Registration|
|Concerned Department||Law Department Register General of Marriages|
|Issued Certificate||Marriage Registration Certificate|
|Issued To||Newly Wed couples|
|Category||West Bengal Government Yojana|
If you want to apply for the marriage certificate then you have fulfill these criteria then only you can get the marriage certificate and here are those criteria.
- At the time of marriage, neither party can have more than one spouse.
- The groom must be above the age of 21 years and the bride has to be at least 18 years.
- At the time of marriage, neither party is incapable of giving valid consent.
- Degrees of the prohibited relationship must not present within the parties and not sapindas of each other unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits marriage between the two.
Also Read This – Voter List 1971 West Bengal
|Marriage Duration||Registration Fees|
|Within two months of the Wedding||200/- Rs|
|After two months of the Wedding||400/- Rs|
- Present Address proof
- permanent Address Proof
- Birth Certificate
- Signature of Groom and Bride
- Copy of invitation card
- Photograph Of Groom and Bride
- Aadhar Card
West Bengal Marriage Certificate Online Registration Procedure
- So the first thing you need to do is visit the official website of Law Department Register General of Marriages, Government of West Bengal which you can do easily by clicking on the provided link above.
- And then on the home page, you can see an option named “Register Your Marriage” and you have to click on that option.
- Then on the next page, you have to click on the “Click here to apply online“ and thereafter read the instructions carefully.
- Then you have to click on the proceed button and a form will open on the screen in front of you.
- Then you have to select the act under which you want to do the registration.
- So in the first part of the form, you have to fill in the details related to the Groom’s name, father’s name, date of birth, and others. and then upload all the required documents related to the Groom.
- Then in the second part of the form, you have to fill in the required details related to the bride and then simply upload the documents required.
- Now in the third part of the form, you have to give the details related to your social marriage like date of marriage, location of the marriage, and invitation card.
- Now in the next part, you have to fill in the details regarding your children if any one of the two has any.
- Then you have the option to choose the marriage registrar by Groom’s address or by Bride’s address.
- You will be able to see all details regarding the marriage registrar and along with that few other details will be required so simply fill them and proceed to the next part.
- And then in the next part you simply have to fill in all the required details and when you are done simply fill in the code and click on the submit button and you are done and do not forget to keep the printout for further use.
RGMWB Helpline Number
Helpline Number – 033-22259398