In a society where gender disparity remains a persistent challenge, the empowerment of girls and women is crucial for achieving social progress and equitable development. Recognizing the importance of fostering a supportive environment for girl children, the Gujarat government has taken a commendable step by introducing the Vahli Dikri Yojana, a welfare scheme aimed at providing financial assistance to families with daughters. This initiative not only promotes education among girls but also contributes to their overall well-being and future prospects.
Overview of Vahli Dikri Yojana
The Vahli Dikri Yojana, meaning “Dear Daughter Scheme,” is a flagship program launched by the Gujarat government in 2012. The scheme aims to provide financial assistance to parents with a maximum of two daughters, encouraging them to prioritize their daughters’ education and overall development. Under this scheme, eligible families receive a financial aid of Rs. 1 lakh (US$1,250) per daughter upon completion of their 18th year.
Eligibility Criteria for Vahli Dikri Yojana
To be eligible for the Vahli Dikri Yojana, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship: The applicant and their daughters must be legal residents of Gujarat state.
- Parental Income: The family’s annual income should not exceed Rs. 2 lakhs (US$2,500).
- Daughter’s Age: The daughter should be less than 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Educational Status: The daughter should be enrolled in a recognized educational institution.
Online Registration and Application Form
The Vahli Dikri Yojana application process is simplified and convenient, allowing applicants to submit their applications online. The online application form can be accessed through the official website of the Women and Child Development Department, Gujarat.
To complete the online application, applicants must have the following documents scanned and ready for upload:
- Domicile Certificate: Proof of residence in Gujarat state
- Birth Certificate: Daughter’s birth certificate
- Income Certificate: Income certificate from the competent authority, certifying the family’s annual income
- Parents’ Identity Proof: Photocopies of parents’ identity cards (Aadhaar card, voter ID card, etc.)
- Bank Account Passbook: Copy of the daughter’s bank account passbook
- Photograph: Passport-size photograph of the daughter
- Visit the Official Website: Access the official website of the Women and Child Development Department, Gujarat.
- Locate Application Form: Navigate to the “Vahli Dikri Yojana” section and locate the online application form.
- Create an Account: Create an account by providing your personal details and creating a password.
- Fill the Application Form: Carefully enter the required information, including daughter’s details, parents’ details, and income details.
- Upload Documents: Upload scanned copies of the required documents.
- Review and Submit: Review the completed application form to ensure all details are accurate and submit the form.
- Save Application Receipt: Save the application receipt generated upon successful submission for future reference.
Benefits of Vahli Dikri Yojana
The Vahli Dikri Yojana offers numerous benefits to eligible families and their daughters:
- Financial Assistance: Provides financial support to families for their daughters’ education and overall development.
- Educational Encouragement: Encourages parents to prioritize their daughters’ education, leading to increased female literacy rates.
- Empowerment of Girls: Empowers girls by providing them with the resources they need to pursue their ambitions and achieve their full potential.
- Social Progress: Contributes to social progress and gender equality by promoting the education and empowerment of girls.
The Vahli Dikri Yojana stands as a testament to the Gujarat government’s commitment to empowering girls and fostering a society where gender equality prevails. By providing financial assistance and encouraging education among girls, the scheme is paving the way for a brighter future for Gujarat’s daughters.