Do you want to know the procedure to register for West Bengal Digital Ration Card or all the other related information with this scheme then do read this whole article we have covered each and everything in detail regarding Digital Ration Card West Bengal.
A ration card is a very important thing for a person who belongs below poverty line as they don’t have enough money to survive so government provide them with all the necessary food items at a very low cost so that they can have their two-time meal.
Every state has its own ration card but the central government has proposed for one nation one ration card which they will implement in the long run. And West Bengal has taken a step of making their ration card digital and in this article, we are going to see all the aspects related to that.
- 1 West Bengal Digital Ration Card Details
- 2 Digital Ration Card West Bengal
- 3 Required Documents
- 4 Eligibility for the Scheme
- 5 Registration Process For West Bengal Digital Ration Card
- 6 How to fill West Bengal Digital Ration Card Application Form
- 7 How To Check Application Status For WB Digital Ration Card
- 8 West Bengal Digital Ration Card Helpline Number
West Bengal Digital Ration Card Details
|Scheme Name||Digital Ration Card West Bengal 2020|
|Launched By||West Bengal Public Distribution System (WBPDS)|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of West Bengal State|
|Concerned Department||Department of Food and Supplies (West Bengal)|
|Language||English & Bengali|
|The objective of the scheme||To Provide Digital Ration Card|
|State Name||West Bengal|
|Benefit||To Provide Food at a low cost for BPL families|
|Scheme Type||Welfare Scheme (State Wise)|
Digital Ration Card West Bengal
Earlier people have to carry ration card paper which can easily get lost as it was a thin paper piece so it becomes quite difficult to carry that so to make it easy for the people of West Bengal, the West Bengal Government has started providing digital ration card to its people which will be more comfortable for them carry. Also, it is a great step toward the digitization of India which you can see all over India.
* Adhar card of the applicant
* PAN Card of the applicant
* Mobile number of the applicant
* Old Ration Card (If Available)
* Voter ID or EPIC
* Age Proof
* Email ID
* Address Proof
* Income Proof
Eligibility for the Scheme
Below we have mentioned all the criteria that you need to fulfil so that you will be eligible for the West Bengal Digital Ration Card and these are finalized by the concerned authorities.
* The applicant must be a legal and permanent resident of West Bengal.
* Under this scheme newly married couples can also apply.
* The applicant for Digital Ration Card West Bengal must not possess a ration card.
* If the applicant has applied for a temporary ration card and now his ration has expired can also apply for Digital Ration Card.
Registration Process For West Bengal Digital Ration Card
* You have two different modes to apply for the digital ration card Online and Offline both.
* To apply online you can visit their official website and there you can find the process to apply and follow that process.
* To apply online you again have to visit the official website and from there you need to download the application form.
* You can download the application either in Bengali or in English and also separate forms are available for rural and urban areas.
* After reading all the criteria you need to apply for the digital ration card with all the required documents.
* An application number will be issued after you successfully submit the form so keep the application number with you carefully.
How to fill West Bengal Digital Ration Card Application Form
* First you need to visit Digital Ration Card West Bengal Official website i,e. https://wbpds.wb.gov.in/.
* Once you visit the home page you can see an option named “Click Here To Apply”.
* Once you click on that link you will be redirected to a new page where you need to enter your 10 digits mobile number.
* Now you get the OTP on your registered number, now you need to enter OTP and captcha and then click on validate to validate your number.
* Now you can select your option and you have to fill in all the details that have been asked to you and you have to upload the required documents.
* By clicking on the show member button you can see the family member details and also if you want to add the details of another family member you can do that by clicking on Add Another Member.
* At last click on the Save and view Application and then click on the submit button and then keep your Application number with you for future use.
* You have to fill the form first and we have provided the direct link below to download the form.
* Form (For Rural Area) – Download Now
* Form (For Urban Area) – Download Now
How To Check Application Status For WB Digital Ration Card
We have mentioned the detailed process below to check the status of the application, follow the process carefully.
* First thing you need to do is to visit the official website of West Bengal Digital Ration Card.
* Now the second thing that you have to do is click on the option named “Search Your Ration Card Status”.
* A new page will be open on your screen where you have to fill in all the required details.
* And then click on the search button and your application status will be there on your screen.
West Bengal Digital Ration Card Helpline Number
Number – 1800 345 5505, 1967
Email – [email protected]
Address – Khadya Bhavan, 11A Mirza Galib Street, Kolkata 700087, West Bengal
Also if you have any questions or problems related to this scheme you can feel free to ask in the comment section.