The YSR Jala Kala Scheme is a flagship program of the Andhra Pradesh government that aims to provide free borewells to needy and eligible farmers in all 13 districts of the state. The scheme was launched in 2019 with the objective of irrigating every acre of arable land in the state and improving the livelihoods of farmers.
To be eligible for the YSR Jala Kala Scheme, farmers must meet the following criteria:
- They must be residents of Andhra Pradesh.
- They must be small or marginal farmers with a contiguous landholding of at least 2.5 acres.
- They must not have an existing borewell in their land.
- They must not be government employees.
How to Apply Online
Farmers can apply for the YSR Jala Kala Scheme online through the official website of the scheme. The application process is simple and straightforward. Farmers will need to provide their personal details, landholding details, and other relevant information.
To register for the YSR Jala Kala Scheme, farmers need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the scheme: https://ysrjalakala.ap.gov.in/
- Click on the “Application” tab.
- Click on the “New Registration” button.
- Enter your personal details, such as your name, address, and contact number.
- Enter your landholding details, such as the survey number and extent of land.
- Upload scanned copies of your Aadhaar card and pattadar passbook.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
Once you have registered, you can fill out the online application form. The application form will ask for additional information, such as the type of soil in your land and the crops you cultivate.
The following documents are required to apply for the YSR Jala Kala Scheme:
- Aadhaar card
- Pattadar passbook
- Land survey number
The selection of beneficiaries for the YSR Jala Kala Scheme is based on a number of factors, including the size of the landholding, the type of soil, and the crops cultivated. The government also gives priority to farmers from drought-prone areas.
Once a farmer’s application is approved, the government will arrange for the drilling of a borewell in their land. The borewell will be drilled to a depth of 150 to 200 feet, depending on the availability of groundwater in the area.
Benefits of the Scheme
The YSR Jala Kala Scheme has a number of benefits for farmers, including:
- Increased irrigation potential
- Improved crop productivity
- Increased income
- Reduced dependence on rainfall
The scheme has also had a positive impact on the overall economy of Andhra Pradesh. It has led to an increase in agricultural production and has created jobs in the construction and maintenance of borewells.
The YSR Jala Kala Scheme is a well-designed and implemented program that has had a significant impact on the lives of farmers in Andhra Pradesh. The scheme has helped to improve irrigation facilities, increase crop productivity, and boost farmers’ incomes. It is a model program that can be replicated in other states.
I hope this article is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.